Looking For The Best Prayer Apps For Your Phone?
The news is topping most of our recent viewing and attention. A few days ago, I watched an international news clip from Italy.
Where a priest revealed that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are on average 35 funerals per day. The scenes were sombre and sad.
Only three relatives being allowed to attend the funeral. Left with no option but to screen their loved one’s funeral by live link to other relatives and friends. The sound of a woman wailing shredded the eerie silence.
In an interview, the priest continued to say that in such dark times, people were turning to prayer more. Offering him the opportunity to live screen a service every day. As a means of bringing hope.
There are so many valuable resources to assist us at our fingertips. Prayer apps are just one of the many ways. With approximately 4 billion people across the globe owning a smart phone, we carry this with us every day.
Whether you are a key worker involved in the front-line of this global pandemic that has gripped the world with fear, or part of the one third of people currently under lock down, there is one place we can come to know the divine peace of God.
The throne room of the Eternal and Everlasting God. Following Christ’s resurrection, we read in Matthew 28:16-20 of Christ appearing to the disciples.
In this famous message, not only to the 12 disciples, but Christian disciples today, he outlined the Great Commission.
In conclusion to this powerful message, He left these words, a promise that resounds in our current moment, where globally people feel uncertain and anxious, “I am with you always, to the end of the age”. Matthew 16:20
So what is one of the many ways we can cultivate a prayer life when times are tough? Through our phones.
5 Amazing Prayer Apps
At such a pivotal time, I would like to share 5 of my very favorite inspirational prayer apps, with meditations, audio, and videos to uplift you and encourage you to plug into the Source, God Most High.
Particularly when we are searching for answers and self-help, due to social distancing measures and lockdowns.
If you have not tried the YouVersion Bible App, this is a great place to begin. It is so much more than a Bible app!
- Free app, available in over 60 different languages.
- Helps you stay connected with friends and social media.
- Verse of the day.
- Discover new Bible study plans related to the verse of the day or any search.
- Audio or video selections easily accessible.
- Numerous translations of bible passages.
Abide is another great prayer app that is an amazing option to try.
- The most popular Christian meditation app.
- Helps you deal with stress and sleep deprivation.
- Choose from 2 – 30 minute meditations if you in a hurry or have more time to disconnect.
A very unique prayer app is from Pray.com.
- Although this is not a free app, you can receive a free trial for 1 week.
- Insights from Christian authors.
- Prayers to help you every day.
- As well as bedtime stories if you are struggling with insomnia right now.
- Positive tips to keep you on track.
Have you tried Echo Prayer yet?
- Free app with numerous benefits.
- Options to create reminders to help you pray more effectively daily.
- Set up groups and share with friends.
- Electronic journaling option.
- Bundles of inspiration that can offer you a ‘helping hand’ or ‘pep talk’ from God.
- This is not a free app but is a worthwhile investment if you enjoy audio.
- Allows you to listen to the Bible on the go.
- Has delightful ways to soak God’s word at any time during your day, through your headphones.
- Find a resourceful library of stories, playlists, passages, and plans.
Which of the Prayer Apps Should I Select?
There are numerous options we can select. As busy women, we all have different lifestyles. From working to full time mothers.
Hard working professionals to self-employed. Each app has various features to enhance or boost your prayer life. And can suit anyone.
With the use of smart technology, we know our lives have dramatically changed. In addition to more distractions in our modern family and industrious lives. If you require focus and organization.
Setting hourly reminders to pray can help you unplug for a few minutes to focus on God. Something you could do at lunch time instead of browsing the internet.
Listen to music that can help set your mood, especially if you have had a chaotic day. And if you like recording everything electronically, there are various options to journal and keep details of your prayer life.
Personally, I find that keeping a few apps is more productive than having to choose from a long list. And dependent if you have an Android or IOS device, these apps work on both.
Possibly you might be reading this, because now is the time you have begun to pray big prayers. Seeking life changing answers or simply become bolder.
You can be assured that if you seek a deeper connection with God, He is waiting for you to make prayer a lifestyle. Be expectant as you watch and wait for God to reveal Himself in your life, in amazing ways.