Prayer Warrior Quotes to Take With You Into the War Zone and Become a Prayer Warrior!
By: Ava James
Contributing Writer from inspiredbyhiswords.co.uk
Do you long to be a warrior not a worrier?
Prayer is the link between leaving our worries behind and turning our prayer time into a war zone. This year has taken us all aback. We began with many great plans. But all too soon, the world was shifted from one of stability and normality to change and uncertainty. Where we contemplate – what next!
Have your prayers felt more like words of plea than statements with power? When we look around us, we are in a pivotal time. ‘Now’ offers us an opportunity to implement a prayer strategy, where how we react and respond in this season of waiting that has encircled many in a worldwide pandemic, could lead others to want what we have. God instils His peace to embolden us. Prayer warrior quotes and verses can help with that.
Prayer is the foundation that can stabilise our emotions and attitudes placing God at the centre of our lives. Here are some prayer warrior quotes and scriptures to allow God to disciple us into prayer warriors.
Looking to get “anchored” in prayer? Try this resource here!
10 Powerful Prayer Warrior Quotes
- Know that we win the war when we pray in power because prayer is the battle. (Stormie Omartian)
- When the devil sees a man or woman who really believes in prayer, who knows how to pray, and who really does pray, and, above all, when he sees a whole church on its face before God in prayer, he trembles as much as he ever did, for he knows that his day in that church or community is at an end. (R.A. Torrey)
- Our prayers lay the track down on which God’s power can come. Like a mighty locomotive, his power is irresistible, but it cannot reach us without rails. (Watchman Nee)
- We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties. (Oswald Chambers)
- And that is why we sometimes have to push through enemy territory when we pray. It is not that we are praying out of the will of God, or that God is unwilling to hear us, but that we have to penetrate a hostile kingdom in the heaven lies in order to reach Him. (Derek Prince)
- We cannot know what prayer is for until we know that life is war. (John Piper)
- If you find your life of prayer to be always so short, and so easy, and so spiritual, as to be without cost and strain and sweat to you, you may depend upon it, you have not yet begun to pray. (Alexander Whyte)
- The Lord intends us to be powerful people-mighty in optimism and hopeful of spirit, powerful in evangelistic zeal, potent in influence, sturdy in moral fiber and purity. We can be powerhouses in prayer and preaching. (David Jeremiah)
- Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. (Andrew Murray)
- Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God. (Edwin Keith)
At the outset, we can stand in the knowledge that God is in control of everything that is happening right now; and we are already victorious. (Ephesians 2:6)
In addition, becoming a warrior requires us to take our prayers to the next level where we realise we are in a spiritual battle, but have God’s divine power that can demolish strongholds as we develop into a prayer warrior. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
31 Powerful Prayer Warrior Bible Verses (NCV)
- Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. (Philippians 4:6)
- Pray in the Spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers, asking for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready and never give up. Always pray for all God’s people. (Ephesians 6:18)
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his great power. (Ephesians 6:10)
- Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. (Romans 12:12)
- Praise the Lord, my Rock, who trains me for war, who trains me for battle. (Psalm 144:1)
- Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “You are my place of safety and protection. You are my God and I trust you.” (Psalms 91:1-2)
- Pray to me, and I will answer you. I will tell you important secrets you have never heard before. (Jeremiah 33:3)
- That is why you need to put on God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing. (Ephesians 6:13)
- Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world. (Ephesians 6:12)
- When you pray, you should go into your room and close the door and pray to your Father who cannot be seen. Your Father can see what is done in secret, and he will reward you. (Matthew 6:6)
- Together they will be like soldiers marching to battle through muddy streets. The Lord is with them, so they will fight and defeat the horsemen…. I will call my people and gather them together. I will save them, and they will grow in number as they grew in number before…. I will make my people strong, and they will live as I say,” says the Lord. (Zechariah 10:5-12)
- God says, “Be still and know that I am God. I will be praised in all the nations; I will be praised throughout the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)
- God is in that city, and so it will not be shaken. God will help her at dawn. (Psalm 46:5)
- Control yourselves and be careful! The devil, your enemy, goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to eat. Refuse to give in to him, by standing strong in your faith. You know that your Christian family all over the world is having the same kinds of suffering. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
- Also, the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain. (Romans 8:26)
- Stay awake and pray for strength against temptation. The spirit wants to do what is right, but the body is weak. (Matthew 26:41)
- And this is the boldness we have in God’s presence: that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us. If we know he hears us every time we ask him, we know we have what we ask from him. (1 John 5:14-15)
- Fight the good fight of faith, grabbing hold of the life that continues forever. You were called to have that life when you confessed the good confession before many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:12)
- Continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God. (Colossians 4:2)
- But the Lord is with me like a strong warrior, so those who are chasing me will trip and fall; they will not defeat me. They will be ashamed because they have failed, and their shame will never be forgotten. (Jeremiah 20:11)
- Put on the full armor of God so that you can fight against the devil’s evil tricks. (Ephesians 6:11)
- So I bow in prayer before the Father … I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit. I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. And I pray that you and all God’s holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ’s love—how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is. Christ’s love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God….(Ephesians 3:14-21)
- As the Scripture says, ‘Anyone who calls on the Lord will be saved’. (Romans 10:13)
- I looked for someone to build up the walls and to stand before me where the walls are broken to defend these people so I would not have to destroy them. But I could not find anyone. (Ezekiel 22:30)
- The Lord will march out like a strong soldier; he will be excited like a man ready to fight a war. He will shout out the battle cry and defeat his enemies. (Isaiah 42:13)
- Be strong and brave. Don’t be afraid of them and don’t be frightened, because the Lord your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect. (Romans 12:2)
- A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I came to give life—life in all its fullness. (John 10:10)
- Jesus said to them, “When you pray, say: ‘Father, may your name always be kept holy. May your kingdom come. Give us the food we need for each day. Forgive us for our sins, because we forgive everyone who has done wrong to us. And do not cause us to be tempted.’” (Luke 11:2-4)
- See, God will help me; the Lord will support me. (Psalm 54:4)
- We fight with weapons that are different from those the world uses. Our weapons have power from God that can destroy the enemy’s strong places. We destroy people’s arguments and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
When you don’t know what to say, simply be honest as you pray to God – We hold the key that can unlock doors of doubt and despair. Each day we are engaging in a daily battle that surrounds us.
This is a journey of faith – We can rely on God’s power and Holy Spirit to guide every challenge and test we face. The battle belongs to our God, and He is on our side. But, our priority comes in making prayer an integral part of our Christian walk.
Connect with other strong, mature and consistent prayer warriors – We already have been given the authority to pray into any situation. The bible is our weapon to fight the enemy with, so that he does not attack us in our weakness and fear. There is power in praying together.
Understand the seasons – Stand faithfully together as you believe. At times you will grow spiritually and mentally when you plug into God as your source. And other times, when you are unable to have the strength to pray, you will know that others are standing in the gap for you.
Keep looking up – Not allowing trials or ordeals to side track you, but focus on God and pray scripture to counteract discouragement and despondency. Fight in the spirit against the enemy and his plots that invade your life. At the same time, remain totally dependent and close to God.
What Are Your Favorite Prayer Warrior Quotes?
Ava James lives in the UK and is the author of Inspired by HIS words. Her passions are worship and dance. Not forgetting writing which includes reflection, self-development, travel, beauty and poetry. Gained from her life experiences. Her published non-fiction e-books range from leadership to grief. Follow her on Twitter for more!
Tuesday 25th of April 2023
Lord Jesus open up the Floodgates of heaven Pour out your very mighty powerful perfect loving Holy Spirit All over America Let a Holy Spirit Revival come Let lost people have a encounter with you like a 90.90 earthquake Save their souls Like a 90.90 earthquake aman
OLOSUNDE EMMANUEL OLUSEGUN
Wednesday 5th of January 2022
Now I known how level I am in the spiritual prayer group, because this article open my eye and mind, that I still need to be very strong in the word of God. Thank you
Okpaka m c
Friday 4th of December 2020
Thank God for using you in my life, I really enjoy this writeup
Tuesday 22nd of September 2020
Thank you god bless you.
Sunday 7th of June 2020
This is so good. Packed full of many great scriptures. I’ll be sharing this with my Christian Moms of Addicted Children group. I know it will help them. Thanks so much.
Saturday 13th of June 2020
Thanks so much Dawn!