A prayer-less Christian is a powerless Christian, we need to be vigilant so that we can defeat the devil and his plans (1 Pet 5:8).The devil knows we are a believers, he knows we won’t steal, kill, commit adultery or commit other forms of sin. So he then introduces busyness into our lives so that we will have little or no time at all for prayer.The devil has easy access into the life of a prayer-less Christian. Sisters be vigilant! Set your priorities right! Seek first the kingdom of God (Matt 6:33).
I heard someone say “If you are too busy to pray, you are too busy” Check it! Fix it!
How To Pray Effective Prayers As A Mum
8. Accompany prayer with a fast (Matt 17:21)
10 Praying Strategies for Busy Mums
1. BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH JESUS: Yes! You heard that right, make it formal (Let it be in your schedule for the day, set your reminder) just like you will not miss a business meeting, don’t miss this!
Pick a time: Early in the morning before you start the day, before your children wakes up or late at night before going to bed. Set up a praying space for this meeting.
I remember some years ago after watching the movie (War Room) I was so charged to get a prayer closet /Altar (I didn’t have one at that time).Truthfully this method has not really been working for me, I find that I am always under pressure to perform, I wasn’t consistent.
For example, if I set 5 am for the appointment with Jesus, I could wake up tired at the sound of the alarm and because I still feel sleepy the prayer might not be effective!
I would rather pray an effective prayer at 8am. This method is good for people that are more organised and like scheduling.
2. BE INTENTIONAL: The Bible says we should seek God first. Study yourself and your timetable. And be realistic! If you like flexibility, fixing an appointment as mentioned in point 1 can become tedious! It could feel like a chore. Pray everyday but be flexible in your timing. This is more informal, I currently use this method. It also means you can pray anywhere.
5. PRAY ON THE GO: If you are in your private vehicle! Great! Listen to edifying musics/messages. Pray out loud if you want!. If you take public transport you can connect your headset (Be connected in the spirit)
Pray! You do not need to shout! Whispering is okay! If it is a walking distance also good. I tried prayer walk once when I was going to get my daughter from the nursery (about 15 mins walk). It was so much fun! I started talking to God, I prayed in spirit, I prayed in understanding, I sang and was almost dancing on the road…Lol! Try prayer walk I recommend it.
9. TAKE SHORT PRAYER BREAKS: While in the middle of a task or while your children are playing take a short break to pray with your children (A minute or 2, it doesn’t have to be long).
When friends or family comes visiting take prayer breaks in between your discussion. My mum does this a lot (even though sometimes we might end up praying an hour). She told me once that she went to the salon to make her hair but she wasn’t comfortable with the discussion going on! She told them please let’s pray! Guess what-they did.
10. TAKE A BREAK: Ask for help! This might not work for everyone especially if there is no one around to help, but if you have your parent close by and they are willing to help with the children, take a day or two to go on a retreat outside your home (Going with your spouse will be great). Rest because you need it and Pray….Sis you will be refreshed!
I hope you will give some of these tips a try! Stay on fire for Jesus! Stay encouraged! Keep pushing! Be a praying woman! You can do it!