God is never changing.
Our world is changing fast. Technology, medicine, how we shop, everything. Even how we worship. As Christians though, we can take comfort in knowing that God never changes.
In fact He tells us many times throughout His word that he never changes.
“Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)
Just think about that for a moment. How many friends have you had and lost or become distant from over the years because you just “grew apart”? It’s because one of you changed.
God never changes.
He is the same God who created the universe and walked in the garden with Adam and Eve.
The same God who gave Moses the 10 Commandments, commanded Joshua and the people to walk around the walls of Jericho, cured Naaman of his leprosy, healed the blind, made the lame to walk, raised the dead, and cast out demons is the same God who sent His son to die for your sins, raised Jesus from the dead, hears your prayers, catches your tears and is with you EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!
What comfort we get when we really stop and think about that. Just read all the Bible verses God gives us to reassure us of His unchanging nature.
Bible verses that show that God never changes
- For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)
- God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? (Numbers 23:19)
- The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. (Isaiah 40:8)
- Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away, but you are the same, and your years have no end. (Psalm 102:25-27)
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:35)
- Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. (Isaiah 40:28)
- Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. (Psalm 90:2)
- Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. (Isaiah 44:6)
- I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” (Revelation 22:13)
Why is it important for us to understand that God never changes?
God loves us so much and knows us more intimately than we know ourselves. He knew us before we were born and while we were being formed in our mother’s wombs. Psalm 139:15-16
Because God knows us so well and knows all of our days before they even happen, He knew we would face changes and changes cause anxiety and fear.
It is important for us to understand God never changes because by understanding this, we can have peace and comfort knowing that we do not have to fear.
As a matter of fact some say that God tells us 365 in the Bible to “fear not”! So every day God tells us not to fear because of His great love for us! If you think of that it is completely overwhelming.
If we did not have confidence that God never changes then we would have reason to fear because we would not be able to completely trust him. We would question His word.
But over and over He commands us not to fear and assures us that He never changes.
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
How does it effect my future knowing God never changes?
Because we can rest assured that God never changes we do not have to fear anything the future holds! We can trust that all of His promises are true so there is no need for fear or anxiety.
Just as the song says, “Great is Your faithfulness, You never change, True are your promises, You never change”.
Praise God we can trust His love for us, His forgiveness of our sins, His peace and comfort, because all of His promises are true and God never changes.
A Prayer of Praise because God Never Changes
I thank you Father that I can trust you and your word because you never change. You are not like men who change their minds. Your promises are true and good.
Even if all the world fades away your word will stand forever. You Lord do not faint or grown weary. You are the same God who created the world and spoke it into existence. You are the God Abraham and Jacob.
You are the first and the last and there is no other God besides you.
You are my rock, my fortress and shelter, my strong and mighty tower.
You hold me in your hand and hide me beneath the shadow of your wings.
You knew me before I was born and you have a plan for my life. I know I can trust you no matter what my circumstances because you are good and you never change.
You are the great I AM and your love never fails.
A printable reminder that our God never changes
Click HERE or the image below to get a printout. You can hang it anywhere you’d like (or fold it in your purse) to remind you that our God is a promise-keeper that never changes!