Prayer for schoolchildren is an amazing way to slowly teach our children to connect and talk to God even at a young age. A child’s prayer doesn’t have to be very specific prayers or long prayers. It should just at least have the part for the spirit of repentance and the spirit of gratitude.
In this article, simple school prayers are introduced which can be used to develop our children’s spiritual growth. These daily prayers will teach the children the importance of Almighty God in our lives. Almost all of them incorporate God’s word so His truth is reflected in prayer.
Very Short and Simple Morning Prayers for Schoolchildren Before the Day Start
Prayers are the best way to connect and talk to our dear heavenly Father, especially before the beginning of a school day. It’s considered to be the act of surrendering ourselves; all our triumphs and defeats, happiness and worries, confidence and insecurities to God. Thus, it is important for young children to practice and start their new day with a simple prayer. Here are some very short and simple prayers for schoolchildren:
- Lord, thank you for this wonderful gift of life. Thank you for bringing another wonderful day together with my family. I ask for your guidance and protection towards the day. We will continue to praise and glorify your name. Amen.
- Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God. For it is pleasant and praise is beautiful. Heavenly Father, I thank you that all good gifts come from you. I thank you that I can trust you for my future. Please guide me in every step I will take. I pray Your protection to be upon me. Make steady steps. This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.
- Heavenly Father, before I go to school
Let me not forget to pray
To God who kept me through the night
And woke me with the morning light.
Help me, Lord, to love You more
Than I ever loved before,
In my teachers and in my classmates
Be with me through the day Lord.
In Jesus name, Amen.
- I will praise You, O Lord among the peoples, I will sing to You among the nations. For your mercy reaches unto heavens, And Your truth unto the clouds. My soul trusts in You and in the shadow of your wings, I will make my refuge. This I pray, in Jesus name. Amen!
- Father in heaven, I ask in the name of Jesus that you will give me the thirst for knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. May our hearts be ready to learn this year, at home, school, and even at church. This I pray. Amen!
- We praise you and glorify you in this place, Jesus. Today, I pray that may I have a heart to accept instruction and correction. Soften my heart so I can gain knowledge from my teachers (and parents) and respect the teacher throughout the day. Amen.
- Be exalted, O God, above the heavens. Let Your glory be above all the earth. Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God I have put my trust, I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? As for me, I will call upon God and He shall save me. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen!
An amazing gift you can give to your kids to see their school prayers come true!
This 5-year prayer journal is simply one line a day- super easy for a kid to fill out. Every year, they can see their answered prayers from the years past and how God showed up in their life!
Bible Verses for School Children to Learn to Help Them in School
Aside from prayer for school children, another way to understand the word of God and His love for our children is through the Bible Verses for school children. Bible Verses create an interpretation of the importance of faith towards our children through the words of God. Here are some of the most helpful Bible Verses for School Children to Learn and Help Them in School:
- “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” – Psalm 107:1
This verse simply means that it is important to always thank God for his pure and everlasting love because it’s a promise that He will never leave our side.
- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. – Ephesians 4:32
This verse means that as children of God, it is important to ask for forgiveness and forgive other that have sinned against you. Always be kind and respect others as how you will treat them will always have ways in coming back to you.
- Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12
This biblical verse means everyone has the right to speak what they believe is right; spread God’s work, and set a good example for others.
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. ‘Honor your father and mother’ — which is the first commandment with a promise — ‘so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth. – Ephesians 6:1-3
Children must obey and honor their parents and God’s words. They should treat them with love and respect in order to live a happy and fulfilling life.
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
It means everyone can do anything they set their mind to, as long as God is the center of their purpose and is with them every single step of the way.
- Let’s not get tired of doing good, because in time we’ll have a harvest if we don’t give up. – Galatians 6:9
This biblical verse means that doing the right thing isn’t always easy, but it always has its reward, and it’s eventually a place in heaven with our heavenly Father.
- I’ve commanded you to be brave and strong, haven’t I? Don’t be alarmed or terrified, because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
Nothing is impossible, no matter what you do or where you go or what the world will throw at you, for God will never leave and forsake you.
Back to School Prayers for the First Day of School
The start of the new school season is one of the most exciting events for our children. It means new things; new opportunities, new teachers, and new friends. It also means another chapter to keep the faith and spread God’s word and love.
Here are some of Back to School Prayers for the First Day of School:
- Dear Lord, as the new school year comes, please guide me towards my day. Let your light shines upon me in order to gain wisdom. Please protect me all throughout the day, let me make good friends and good memories that I can cherish the entire school year. Glory your name to the highest, for you are the giver of life. Amen.
- Oh Lord, Holy Father! Thank you for giving me the mind to endure and the strength to carry on. I thank you for this new school year, for I know you will never leave me. Guide me to be a others’ role model, spreading your word, kindness, and love. This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen!
- Praise you Oh Lord! Another school year is here. I thank you for this wonderful day of new opportunities. May you always be at my side, carrying my woes and worries. May you guide me towards goodness; for what is bad and what is good. Let me have the strength to face each trial with much trust and belief. This I pray, in Jesus, almighty father. Amen!
- As I start my day and new school year, oh Lord, I pray that everything will be okay. I ask for your guidance as I face the day with new classmates, new teachers, new environment. Use me as an instrument to spread your goodness. Keep me away from the foolish and bring forth towards me the spirit of love and abundance. This I ask, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Prayers for Elementary school children
Elementary students are more curious yet, they already possess the character of sharing what they learn. At this stage, introducing them to scriptures and short prayers will be easier as they can comprehend and start to understand little things.
Here are Prayers for Elementary School Children that they can practice:
- Lord God, I pray that I will have the wisdom and strength to know your goodness and provision. I pray I can place my identity in You. I ask that in the pressures of life, I would know you are the rock on which I can stand. I pray that through the challenges of school life, exams, and future decisions, you would lead me, guide me, and bring me comfort. In Jesus’s name, Amen.
- God I thank you for the gift of knowledge and wisdom. I praise you for providing us with everything we need. I pray you would help our students to learn well and flourish. May they discover their unique talents and giftings. May they have passion in doing those things that are coming from You for every gift is from above. We give it all back to you. In Jesus name, Amen!
- Lord, I pray that I, Your child will develop a passion for the things of God. I pray that I will continue to hunger and thirst for You and Your Word and will love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind. I pray I will always study with excellence, but that You will help me desire a servant spirit of greatness, rather than a worldly desire for success. I pray that I will fall in love with Jesus over and over again. To You alone, I give it all back, in Jesus name. Amen!
- Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. For His mercy endures forever. Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes And I shall keep it to the end. Give me an understanding and I shall keep Your law. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments for You delight in it. All the glory belongs to You Lord. Amen and Amen.
Prayers for Middle school children
Middle School kids can internalize words. They can somehow understand more things compared to elementary and toddlers. Thus, in this stage, children can do special prayers of their own and personalize them whichever they like.
Here are some prayers for Middle School Children they can get inspiration with and practice every day:
- Dear God, Thank you for the amazing miracles you have done. Thank you for creating our world! Everywhere, your creativity and intelligence transpire. How wondrous is your creation! Sometimes, I still may have questions about how things work or why things happen the way they do. When things don’t happen the way I want them to. I am sorry, I feel confused, frustrated, disappointed, or even angry. I pray that your Holy Spirit will help me trust in you with all of me; my heart and soul. Help me be at peace even when I don’t understand what’s happening around me. Help me give all of my worries to you and rest in your constant care. Thank you for being trustworthy. I pray I will be someone people can trust, too. I love you, Father. Amen.
- King of all Kings, I praise You! Thank you for loving me unconditionally no matter what happens or what I do. I promise to glorify you, love you and spread your word and name! Thank you for loving me just the way I am. Help me love others the way you love me. When I start to feel nervous or afraid, please help me feel peaceful and confident. If my friends are afraid, please help me comfort them and remind them that you love them, too. I pray your Holy Spirit will help me to always be loving and kind to everyone, even if they aren’t kind to me. Help me remember that you love me even when I make bad choices. Help me love others unconditionally the way you love me. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
- Thank you for giving us the gift of life. I thank you for creating a safe place for your children to live in. I praise your name and pray your will is done in Heaven and on Earth. Please give us food, water, and a safe place to sleep. Help us love each other, even when we don’t agree. Please forgive us when we make mistakes, and thank you for not keeping the score. Help us forgive those who hurt us, too. Please keep us safe from evil and harm and thank you for loving us always and no matter what. Amen.
- Father Almighty in heaven, Thank you for your amazing love. Every time I see the beautiful sunset, it reminds me of your greatness! As I go through my days, please light my way in the world that is unpredictable; sometimes, it feels dark, and sometimes it is not. Help me hear your voice and know your will for me. I pray that I’ll follow the life you want me to be even when it’s hard. When I feel confused, lost, or a bit stuck, please show me the way you want me to choose and go. Thank you for loving me just the way I am. Help me love others the way you love me with no judgments, just pure sincerity. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Prayers for High school students
Special Prayers are the most rightful prayers for High School Students. They have the full capacity as to what they are thankful for and what they are praying for. Thus, at this stage students have the freedom of what to include in their prayers.
Here are examples of prayers for High School Students that they can get inspiration from during hard situations:
- Lord of great love and mercy, thank you for showing me your unfailing love and kindness. I praise and give thanks to you for enabling me to be part of this great school.
Father, I thank you for our teachers, the administration, the parents, and my fellow students. Thank you for your continued protection for me from the terror by night, the arrow that flies by day, the pestilence that stalks in darkness, and the plague that destroys at midday.
Be with me and guide me in everything that I do at school and back at home. It is in Jesus’ name that I believe and pray, Amen.
- Lord Jesus, King of all Kings, I glorify Your name to the highest! I dedicate my studies to you. Give me the knowledge and skills in all subjects that I am currently taking. Please help me to be at the top and not at the bottom, to be the head and not the tail in every subject. Grant me the mind and grace to understand everything that is taught in class. Help me to be hardworking and not lazy at all times and even in extracurricular activities. Lord, thank you for the gifts and talents that you’ve bestowed on me. Let me use them to bear fruit in my academics and my spiritual life. Lord, help me to depend on your promises, for they are Yes and Amen. Reveal your love and plans to me in everything that I learn. In Jesus’ name, I believe and pray, Amen.
- Almighty God our Father, giver of life, you are worthy of all glory and honor. Thank you for granting me the desires of my heart. Lord, deepen my passion for your word so that I may share the gospel with other students in my school. May I start and end each day by reminding myself of your greatness. Let me put in mind that you are in charge of every aspect of my life and all that’s happening including my studies. Correct us when we stray and help us do everything in love. In Jesus’ name, I believe and pray, Amen.
- Lord God, Righteous Savior, may your presence fill this school. The Bible says that you are a consuming fire that will consume anything that contradicts your word. Surround this school with your wall of fire. Be with every student, teacher, and administrator. Help us release all that we have no control over to you. Teach us how not to worry about school and the problems of life, for worry only steals our joy and peace. Grant us the desires of our hearts and show us how to glorify your name with everything that you give to us. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Prayers for College students
As children progress to the world of college, difficulties and adjustments may come in hard for them. From moving away from home, to having to balance new academic schedules, testing, and adapting new study habits, college students should be in fervent prayer. Thus, at this stage, prayers can be specific, including blessings and seeking for guidance from God to find balance.
Here are the best examples of prayers for college students:
- Lord, thank you for giving me the much-needed guidance and strength that enabled me to join college. Many looked forward to this, but they did not manage to get into any college, or couldn’t go for other reasons. I won’t take this for granted. Lord, I know college life is very challenging. We interact with people from different walks of life. It may be easy to get carried away and drift away from your word. Help me, Lord, to continue worshipping you in spirit and truth. I also pray for other believers that are in college, help them to stand firm in the faith, and continue putting you first. In Jesus’ name, I believe and pray, Amen.
- Dear God, Father almighty, giver of life. I know that even though you faced a lot of challenges, you stood firm and fulfilled the purpose that had been given out to you before the foundation of the world. Lord, being here as a college student, you know the challenges I go through daily. That is why I come before you to ask you, king of glory, to help me serve God faithfully even it is hard, even through a difficult time. Being a faithful servant in college is very difficult to maintain, because of peer pressure. People make fun of me and mock me every day because of my undying faith in you. Please grant me the courage to stand firm in my faith and serve you faithfully for the rest of my life. Thank you for not leaving my side all through the years, this I pray in the name of Jesus, our King. Amen.
- Oh God, I am being tempted to drift away from my faith and walk in the path of wicked people by my college friends. Lord, please guide me in paths of peace, for I cannot do this without you. Connect me with the right teachers and friends that can understand and care for me when I’m in college, so that I may not fall in faith and my education. Guide me with my steps, blessed my decisions, and lead me in paths of righteousness. May I listen to my teachers carefully, with full confidence, and add wisdom to my learning process. Please grant me the gift of discernment so that I may be able to get guidance. Lead me in the way that I should go and counsel me with your loving eyes. Let your word be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path that my college life may bring glory to your name. In Jesus’ name, I believe and pray, Amen.
Prayer for children’s teachers and school administrators
Teachers and school administrators are the people who have unending patience in molding our children in becoming good people. They are a great part of what our children will become. It is always necessary to keep them protected and healthy through prayers. Prayers are the most powerful things we can offer.
Here are examples of powerful prayers for children’s teachers and for school administrators that we can offer:
- Heavenly Father, I bring our teachers and administrators before your throne of grace. Lord, give them the wisdom so that they may be able to lead my school in the right direction. Let them be an instrument of truth and faith. Make those who don’t know you come to know that you’re the only true God of yesterday, today, and the future. May they always look up to you and glorify you in everything that they do. You know the challenges that they’re going through at home and even here at school. They often are facing a new challenge without us ever knowing. Help them, Lord, and grant them peace and joy everlasting. In Jesus’ name, we believe and pray, Amen.
- Dear Jesus, I praise Thy holy name now and forever. I take this time to connect with you and give you thanks for the men and women who are now being asked to put themselves at risk in order to educate and mold the next generation’s leaders; our children. I believe this is not what they signed up for when they dreamed of teaching young people. But I thank you for their never-ending courage, wisdom, their perseverance, and their willingness to go above and beyond just to make sure our children are prepared in facing life’s judgments.May you always bless their decisions, and give them protection every day as they go out and do what they’re expected to do. Give them the strength to keep the faith and give glory to You, oh Lord. May they always remember the Good News of you, God. This I pray, in Your holy name. Amen!
Teaching the kids to pray is a vital part of their lives. Prayer for schoolchildren is a collection of prayers that students can learn and practice in order for them to know how great and powerful God is. This is especially important in public school where prayer is not brought up at all.
Through simple thank you prayers, to more complex and special ones, the important thing is, our children will start building their special connection with God, and that no matter what they do and where they go, they’ll never be alone, for God never abandons His faithful child.
***Note: If it is easier to access this blog post in a PDF version, please use the contact form to let us know so we can send it to you. Thank you!***