A January 8 prayer that you can read through now, or save for later.
If you’d like to receive these prayers daily, with a worksheet, please sign up here.
Bible verse for January 8 Prayer
Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. (John 1:16)
Questions to think about/pray through for your January 8 Prayer
1. How do you define grace? (A good way to learn more about grace is to go to Bible Gateway and search the word “grace” to see where it appears in the Bible and in what context or read Bible verses about grace here.)
2. In this Bible verse for today, it speaks about how Moses was given the law, and that was grace for the Israelites. Grace is shown from the very beginning of the Bible, and is especially evident in how God cared for the Israelites. Therefore, when John 1:16 says that we ALL received grace in place of grace already given, it shows just how overwhelmingly amazing God’s grace can be. God took grace He already gave His people, and then replaced it with even more grace for all people. Take time to reflect on how much grace God gave the Israelites, again and again. What does it mean in your life that God replaced that grace with even more grace?
3. What do you think we should do with the knowledge that God has given us all grace?
January 8 Prayer
Dear Lord, You are a sun and a shield, and you give grace and glory (Psalm 84:11.) We know from Jeremiah 31:2 that the Israelites found “grace in the wilderness,” which shows me that your grace is not only sufficient (2 Corinthians 9:8) but it is everywhere. Thank you for your grace upon grace. May I learn how to show your goodness and grace to everyone I know, Amen.
Other resources about Grace
- 2 Corinthians 9:8: Why this is a mindblowing verse
- The True Meaning of “Grace Upon Grace”
- Types of Grace in the Bible
Jessie Synan is a Master’s student in Theological Studies who helps other women find their prayer focus in a distracting world. She went from her ADHD interfering with her prayer life to finding her own unique rhythms for prayer and encouraging other women to do the same. She is the founder of Pray With Confidence, which has helped over 5000 women focus on prayer through the real and vulnerable advice she gives to those on her email list when they sign up for the free guide “How to pray [when you can’t focus.]”