Let’s face it- we all need a Monday prayer. Or many Monday prayers. (Can I get an Amen?!)
Sometimes, when I’m lying in bed late at night, pondering life, I can’t help but wonder how many hours of my life I’ve lost complaining about Monday’s.
I can’t help it. We are in a society that is trained to complain about Mondays. We get convinced that Mondays are harder than any other day.
Yes, it can be a struggle to get back into a routine after a great weekend relaxing. Or for some of us, our weekend wasn’t relaxing, but we are still thrown into the work week. Mondays can be hard.
Yet, Mondays have so much potential. With God and some Monday prayers, we have the power to turn Mondays around!
Multiple psychological studies have been conducted to study people’s feelings, and actions, on Mondays.
A study from Psychological Science shows goal initiation is spurred when we connect it with the beginning of a new time, such as a Monday. That means we have a better chance of meeting goals when we initiate them on a Monday. The reason for this is that “People tend to attribute negative traits and failures to their past selves while maintaining a positive image of their current selves”.
With that in mind, we wanted to present you some Monday prayers. As Alonda from lotanner.com always says, when we pray, we want to pray in agreement with the Bible.
Because of that, we try to use Bible verses more often than not to go with our Monday prayers.
So join us below for Monday prayers for any situation you may be facing on a Monday.
Prayers to get over the Monday blues
- Lord, your words say not to sin by letting anger control me (Psalm 4:4). Your words say to think about it overnight and remain silent. But I woke up this morning still angry as can be. Help me make sure that anger doesn’t control me. Help me to feel you in my emotions and in the decisions I make. Guide me. Help me process my anger for a productive and fruitful Monday serving you. Amen.
- Dear God, please help me not conform to the pattern of this world. Please help me be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so I can test and approve your perfect will (Romans 12:2). Help me to get over the idea that Monday’s are bad, and instead glorify every day that you have blessed me with. Amen!
- God, what if today was a day that I could take everything I have learned or received or heard from you (Philippians 4:9) and put it into practice? Help me with a heart of sharing the joy of Jesus today instead of the Monday blues. Amen.
- Lord, you are before all things. And in you, all things hold together. (Colossians 1:27) So why am I not trusting you with my Monday’s?
- Lord, please bear my prayer. Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you (Nehemiah 1:11).
- Lord, I am brokenhearted this Monday. Please hear the sadness of your righteous servant that is crying out to you. I know you save those who are crushed in spirit, and so I ask you to save me today and lead me to recovery from this pain (Psalm 34:7-18)
- Dear God, just like you were with Moses, I know that you will go before me and be with me. I pray that you will never leave me or forsake me. Please help me to not be afraid and not be discouraged. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- Dear Lord, this is an honest prayer from someone in mourning. You say blessed are those in mourning, for they will be comforted (Matthew 5:4). I am mourning, but it is hard for me to find any comfort, or even feel anything at all beyond sadness and despair. Please help me to lift my eyes to the mountains, for I know where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 121:1-2). Help me turn solely to you for comfort instead of earthly matters. Amen.
- On this Monday, help me cast all of my anxiety on you because you care for me (1 Peter 5:7). Amen.
- Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help, do not be deaf to my weeping. I dwell with you as a foreigner, a stranger, as all my ancestors were. (Psalm 39:12)
Prayers of Thanksgiving
- Lord, you are so good to me. Though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me (Psalm 23). Guide me into rejoicing always, praying continually, and giving thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) for I know that this is your will. Let my will be your will- a will of thanksgiving and praise.
- Lord, thank you for everything I have received or learned or heard from you. May everything I see in you be put into practice (Philippians 4:9) as a way of thanking you for all that you have done in my life. Amen.
- Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all His benefits — who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion. (Psalm 103:1-4)
- As I have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, help me walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as I have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7).
- Today I am giving thanks to the LORD, and calling on His name. Lord, help me make known your deeds among the peoples. Help me make them remember that your name is exalted. Praise the LORD! You have done glorious things; let this be known throughout the earth. (Isaiah 12:4-5)
- Lord, I know that every good and perfect gift is from above (James 1:17). Thank you for those gifts you have given me daily!
- Lord, I will give thanks to you everyday, for you are good! Your steadfast love lasts forever! (1 Chronicles 16:34)
- Dear God, I know that through loving you and worshipping you, I am receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken. For this, I will be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” (Hebrews 12:28).
- Oh come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is the great God, and the great King above all gods. In His hand are the deep places of the earth’ the heights of the hills are His also. The sea is His, for He made it; and His hands formed the dry land. (Psalm 95:1-5).
- This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24).
Monday Morning Prayer Text Messages
- May blessings come upon you and overtake you on this Monday! (Deuteronomy 28:2)
- Lord, today I pray for love, joy, peace, patience, Kindness, goodness, Gentleness, and self-control for anyone who reads this message. (Galatians 5:22-23).
- My prayer for you this morning is as you get closer to the word, You’ll discover good. May you trust in the Lord to guide you through this Monday. (Proverbs 16:20)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (Colossians 3:15-17)
- Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! (Psalm 90:17)
- On this Monday, we pray that we are reminded that God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Psalm 84:11)
- Lord, we know that your favor is a lifetime. We ask that although weeping was had during the night, that joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5).
- God, thank you for the grace we have been saved through faith. We know that this is not our own doing, but a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8). Help us delight in you and walk in your ways.
- Lord, please fill us today. Please provide us with grace upon grace in your Holy name, Amen. (John 1:16)
- From the rising of the sun to its setting, help us glorify your name and continue to make it great among everyone around us (Malachi 1:11).
Monday prayers for her
- Lord, help clothe her with strength and dignity. Help her laugh without fear of the future (Proverbs 31:25).
- Lord, on this day, please remind her that God is within her, so she will not fail, Amen. (Psalm 46:5)
- Dear God, remind her that she is blessed. Remind her that she is blessed because she believes that you will fulfill your promises to her (Luke 1:45). Help her increase confidence in the idea that you will fulfill your promises, Amen!
- Lord, on this Monday, please let her lean on you to be her strength and her shield (Psalm 28:7).
- Dear God, on this day, we ask that you help her be strong and courageous in everything that she touches and does. Help her to not be afraid or discouraged. Remind her that the Lord her God is with her wherever she goes.” (Joshua 1:9).
- God, please do not give her a spirit of fear or timidity today. We know that those things do not come from you. Instead, please give her a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline to glorify you (2 Timothy 1:7).
- Dear God, you know the plans that you have for her. You know they are plans for good and not for disaster. They are to give her a future and hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Please give her that hope that is so needed today. In your name we pray, Amen.
- Lord, please give her the biggest reminder ever today that you will always fight for her, she just needs to stay still (Exodus 14:14).
- Dear God, on this day, please remind her that you are in the midst of her, and because of that, she shall not be moved. Let her know that you, God, will help her when morning dawns (Psalm 46:5).
- By the grace of you God, she is who she is, and your grace toward her was not in vain. On the contrary, she worked harder than any of them, though it was not her, but the grace of you within her (1 Corinthians 15:10).
Monday prayers for him
- God, help his light shine before others, that they may see his good deeds and glorify our Father in Heaven (Matthew 5:16.) Help him make Monday a day about serving you.
- Dear Lord, on this Monday, we pray that nothing moves him. We ask that he gives himself fully to you Lord, because we know that labor in the Lord is not in vain (1 Corinthians 15:58).
- Lord, please have blessings over him. Help him to be on guard, to stand in the faith, to be courageous, and to be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13).
- Dear God, please do not let anyone look down on him because he is young. Help him to set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
- Lord, help us to not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, help us inwardly be renewed everyday, Amen. (2 Corinthians 4:16).
- Please help him remember that he does not need the approval of human beings, but only of God. Help guide him into remembering that if he was trying to please people, he would not be a servant of Christ, Amen. (Galatians 1:10)
- Dear Lord, we know that the word of God is alive and active. We are in awe that it is sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even the dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and that it judges the attitudes and the hearts (Hebrews 4:12). Help him use the word of the Lord to guide his life and to guide others today, Amen.
- God, please pour into him today with the reminder that you have not asked us to be strong and courageous, but that you have commanded us to do so. Help him to not be afraid or discouraged, for you are with him wherever he goes, Amen. (Joshua 1:9).
- Lord, allow him peace today to be able to love you with all his heart and all his soul and all his strength and all his mind so he can love neighbors as himself (Luke 10:27).
- Dear God, please give him the courage and strength to act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with you God (Micah 6:8).
Monday prayer for a friend
- Thanks be to God for his indescribable gifts! (2 Corinthians 9:15) Thank you for being one of those indescribable gifts that God has given me, may I always take that as the blessing it is.
- May our sweet friendship be refreshing to the soul this morning (Proverbs 27:9) as we join together in prayer and praise, Amen!
- We know that Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor (Ecclesiastes 4:9). We also know that anyone that withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the Lord (Job 6:14). Help us honor and glorify the Lord through our friendship together, Amen.
- Lord, we know that a true friend loves at all times (Proverbs 17:17). Thank you for my friend and the love that she has for people. Fill my friend today with the love of God that is so overwhelming that it makes people stop and ask about the Jesus she serves, Amen.
- As a sweet friendship refreshes the soul (Proverbs 27:9), please allow my friend’s soul to be refreshed in ways that bring peace and understanding to this chaotic life. Amen.
- Lord, help me find the best ways to encourage and build up my friend today (1 Thessalonians 5:11). As you encourage us and pour into our hearts, let us be able to do that with those around us, Amen.
- Dear Lord, please help my friend find you as a beacon of trust and love. Remind him/her/them that the name of the Lord is a strong tower, where the righteous can run to it and are safe (Proverbs 18:10). Help them feel an overwhelming power of calm yet powerful love from up above. Amen.
- As your presence goes with us so that we can feel rest (Exodus 33:14), help us better support each other and provide godly encouragement. Help us unite closer together and stronger than ever for the ability to glorify your name, Amen.
- Dearest God, please take the fear away from (friend’s name). You have redeemed my friend. You have called them by name, and I know they are yours. When my friend passes through the water, please be with him/her/them. May the rivers not overwhelm, and may they walk through fire without burns. Thank you O Holy One of Israel, our Savior. Amen. (Isaiah 43:1-3)
- Please provide my friend peace. Please give peace that not the world gives, but as You give. Let our hearts not be troubled and help us to not be afraid (John 14:27). Amen.
Tips about prayer
On our Pray With Confidence Facebook page, one of our most active pages, we asked what everyone’s #1 prayer tip was. Our goal in doing this was to share with you some powerful tips so that you could pray miraculous Monday prayers and share them with others.
The link to the actual post is here, but here were our favorite ones:
- Prayers are more like continual conversations with God throughout the day
- Never underestimate the power of prayer and how Jesus can help you.!
- Believe what you pray.
- Try it first thing in the morning
- Be real with God- He already knows your heart.
- Pray about everything that is going on in your life
- Try to pray for God’s will instead of your own.
- It doesn’t have to be quiet around you, and it does not need to be a long prayer.
- Let God do things on His own timing instead of ours.
There are amazing ways that you can share your Monday prayers with others. Of course, there are many ideas we won’t think about below, so feel free to add them to the comments at the end!
Here are a few that we came up with though:
- Send the person a voice text praying for them
- Write it out and mail it to them, or if you see it often stick it in a purse or bag
- Tell them you prayed for them and asked if they’d like to hear it
- If it wasn’t for someone else, but you feel it would benefit others to hear the same prayer, post it on Facebook (or Instagram) and tag us!
Let us know your prayer below- there’s nothing better than us all praying for each other!
What about other days of the week?
Jessie is the creator of Pray With Confidence. She fought long and hard against God for creating a website about prayer, telling God for two years that He was picking the wrong person. He didn’t want just one person though- He wanted busy Christian women from around the world, from all walks of life, to join together to create a prayer site. She is blessed to be one of the 40 writers for Pray with Confidence.
When not working on this website, she is a social media strategist for Christian churches & ministries at jessiesynan.com.