Need a powerful Thursday prayer message?
We have plenty here!
We divided up prayers for Thursday morning (or any time of day!) into categories (see table of contents below.) Either scroll to it or click on the category that is best for you to have the most powerful Thursday morning prayer.
Make sure to scroll to the end for Thursday morning prayer images to send to friends or family.
Want this in a printable version that you can save on your computer or print? Click here or the image below!
A quick note: We try our best to make sure most prayers come straight from the Bible. We know our prayers are truth if they are inspired directly from scripture. Any prayer that has quotations means it is the exact words of the Bible verse instead of paraphrasing.
If you pray those (and even memorize those!) you will be praying directly from the Bible. Unless otherwise stated, all references are from the New International Version.
Thursday morning prayers of praise
If there is any Thursday prayer message we want to send out to the world, it is that our God is a God who is worthy of our praise!
These prayers of praise will help put us in the right mindset on Thursday morning to remember that no matter what the day brings, our God is a God that is worthy of our praise!
- Help us rejoice always, in all parts of our daily activities and daily tasks.
- “One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple”. (Psalm 27:4) Thank you Lord for being my dwelling place!
- God, I will praise you in your sanctuary. I will praise you in your mighty heavens. I will praise you for your acts of power, and I will praise you for your surpassing greatness. (Psalm 150)
- Praise be to our God most high, who delivers my enemies into your hand! (Genesis 14:20)
- “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” (Exodus 15:2)
- Lord; you are the one I praise, you are my God, you have performed great and awesome wonders I have seen with my own eyes! (Deuteronomy 10:21)
- I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! (Deuteronomy 32:3)
- “I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies.” (2 Samuel 22:4)
- “The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!” (2 Samuel 22:47)
- “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.” (1 Chronicles 16:36)
- “I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.” (Psalm 7:17)
- “My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the Lord.” (Psalm 26:12)
- “Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.” (Psalm 28:6)
And remember: “Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.” (Psalm 33:1)
Thursday morning prayers of asking for blessing for a good day
Maybe your Thursday morning messages are to ask God for blessings.
- Dear God, I ask you to bless this day and for it to be everything that you want it to be. Help me remember that I am more than what the previous days were and that the most important things in life come from following you. Help me to always do the right thing in your name, Amen.
- Lord, please bless this day to bring heavenly wealth instead of earthly wealth without painful toil for it. (Psalm 10:22)
- God, I know that “blessed is the one that God corrects;” help me be open to your obedience. (Job 5:17)
- Lord, bless me with your righteousness. Surround me with your favor as a shield. (Psalm 5:12)
- Lord, please give me strength and bless me with peace today. (Psalm 29:11)
- O God, thank you for the blessing of forgiving my transgressions. Let me walk in your way today and be blessed. (Psalm 32:1)
- “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.” (Psalm 33:12)
- I taste and see that the Lord is good! Bless us who take refuge in you. (Psalm 34:8)
- O God, “Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.” (Psalm 40:4)
- “May God be gracious to us and bless us, May he make his face shine upon us.” (Psalm 67:1)
Is there a best good morning prayer?
The best good morning prayer is one from the heart. These prayers are to help guide you, but if you feel yourself just nonchalantly repeating them, put them aside for a bit and come back to it later. God will be there!
Thursday morning prayers when life is hard
Keep these Thursday morning prayer images with you for when life is hard.
- Let us not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is our strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)
- God, I know that you will create the right path during this difficult time.
- O Lord, remind me that this beautiful day was created by You and You alone.
- Dear God, today please remind me that by the grace of God I am what I am (1 Corinthians 15:10) and you made me this way for a special purpose of glorifying You. Let nothing come in the way of me serving you, Amen.
- Dear heavenly Father, you are a refuge for me when I am oppressed. You are a stronghold in times of trouble. I know your name and I trust you, Lord, please never forsake me as I seek you. (Psalm 9:9-10)
- No matter what I am going through, O God, I know that you will meet all my needs according to the riches of your glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- My God, you are my hiding place. You protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Please instruct me and teach me the way I should go, Amen. (Psalm 32:7-8)
- “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” (Romans 8:18)
Thursday prayers for when I’m nervous or afraid
If you need help relieving anxiety, or are looking for the mercy of God and the light of God when nervous, try these go-to prayers. May we pray in the name of the Lord to remove those fears.
- Help me to keep coming to you Lord instead of seeking things of the world to help with my anxiety. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline”. (2 Timothy 1:7) Help me remove the spirit of timidity today!
- “The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (Psalm 118:6)
- Lord, you are a great father. The fact that you are a righteous father gives me a peace of mind. With your great love you create beautiful things, even in the midst of my anxiety. Thank you for being an almighty God, Amen!
- Father God, I will not fear, for you are with me, I will not be dismayed for you are my God. Please strengthen me and help me. Please uphold me with your righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10) In the name of Jesus, Amen.
- Lord Jesus, help me to cast all my anxiety on you because I know how you care for me, Amen! (1 Peter 5:7)
- My God, help me to not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with great Thanksgiving, help me present my requests to you. Amen. (Philippians 4:6)
Thursday thankfulness prayers
When thinking about Thursday prayer messages, I am reminded how important it is to be thankful.
- On this blessed Thursday, I ask Christ Jesus to remind me that everyday is a special day because it is filled with God’s blessings. Make this morning a blessed morning by the work of your hands, that I may glorify you, Amen.
- Dear Father, I thank you for this wonderful Thursday. May the peace of God overwhelm me and remind me all the Lord’s blessings and remind me to do my best today. Amen.
- Lord God, I will praise your name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. (Psalm 69:30)
- Lord, help me to give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for me in Christ Jesus. Amen. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- I will give thanks to you Lord, for you are good, your love endures forever! (1 Chronicles 16:34)
- “Now our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.” (1 Chronicles 29:13)
- “I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.” (Psalm 9:1)
- Thank you Lord for your unfailing love and your wonderful deeds for mankind! (Psalm 107:21)
- “Open for me the gates of the righteous; I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.” Psalm 118:19
- “I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.” Psalm 118:21
There is nothing better than sending a good morning prayer message to a friend or loved one. Try sending one of these to your best friend or family member to brighten their day.
Try these good morning messages below. (Note: almost all of them can be used for any time of day!) These good morning wishes will be the best wishes as prayers are always better than wishes! This is always a great reminder for daily prayer.
- Dear friend, you make this world a better place by being here. Praying Thursday blessings over you! In Jesus name, Amen.
- Thank you for your beautiful smile and your amazing personality, you are so needed in this world!
- May God bless you not just with good things, but with the best things in life that matter the most, Amen!
- On this blessed day, may our dear God place you in the right place where you need to be to do His good work, Amen.
- Dear Lord, please provide a great day of good health for my friend, Amen.
- My Thursday prayer is that the Lord gives you a beautiful morning and a wonderful day filled with the Holy Spirit, Amen.
- May the good Lord keep you safe today on this happy Thursday. May things go your way today as you walk in God’s way, Amen.
- May God’s grace be the first thing on your mind this morning. May it be an amazing day with new opportunities. Happy new day, may it be blessed!
- This is your morning reminder that every day in God’s presence is another day leading to a better life. The goodness of God is all around.
- Lord, please be with my good friend on this lovely day. Help remind my friend that God is a strong tower that we can run to in order to be safe (Proverbs 18:10.)
Prayer quotes for your Thursday morning
- We must lay before Him what is in us; not what ought to be in us. (C.S. Lewis)
- The very act of prayer is a blessing. (Charles Spurgeon)
- God does nothing except in response to believing prayer. (John Wesley)
- Prayer is the means of sustaining a faith that at times can grow weak. The power of prayer is enriching, uplifting to hear our God speak. (Greta Zwaan)
- Pray as you can, not as you can’t. (Dom Chapman)
- Prayer is nothing else than being on terms of friendship with God. (Teresa of Avila)
- Any concern too small to be turned into prayer is too small to be made into a burden. (Corrie ten Bloom)
- Give me faith, Lord, and let me help others find it. (Leo Tolstoy)
- Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Matthew 5:44)
- Prayer is how we press our hands into the invisible and find the hand of Christ reaching back.” — James K. A. Smith
How amazing is it that on a Thursday you want to make sure you are praying Thursday prayer messages, and being that light of the world?
Prayers for other days of the week:
- Sunday Morning Prayer: 5 Examples
- 60+ Monday Prayers and Blessings
- 10 Tuesday Prayers and Blessings To Start Your Day!
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.comThe “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™
Jessie Synan is the owner of Pray With Confidence, which helps busy women overcome prayer obstacles. She founded PWC after finding Jesus again but realizing that her ADHD often interfered with her prayer life. After taking simple steps to find herself closer to God, she wanted to encourage others to do the same.
She is a wife, a mother of 3, and currently getting her Masters of Biblical Languages with a Thesis concentration, with hopes of continuing on to a PhD in Bible Exposition.